My unique talents lie in helping small to medium sized businesses grow their talent and grow their business. Growing People Growing Companies
For well over 10,000 hours and over 30 years, I’ve immersed myself in learning and practicing two things - HR leadership in small growing businesses and Strengths-based development for both people and companies. I’ve served on leadership teams, building HR strategy and systems for high growth organizations. I’ve recruited and hired a few thousand people with awesome talent and have also compassionately helped hundreds move on to their next opportunity. But my favorite place to be is coaching employees, managers, teams and executives as a Gallup Certified Strengths Coach.
As an HR leader in a rapidly growing company in 2010, I fell in love with the philosophy of Strengths. It made so much sense to me to focus on and invest in what people do well rather than spend wasted time and energy on their weaknesses. I decided to lead the efforts in building a Strengths-based organization and never looked back. I was surprised at some of the things I saw early on in the process.
- Very quickly, people built strong relationships at work where they gave each other the benefit of the doubt.
- Over time, they challenged and supported each other more.
- We wove Strengths into the onboarding, performance systems, and everyday conversations and meetings – people and teams grew stronger, listened more effectively, and asked for help more.
- We built a culture that was so strong and obvious, both internally and externally.
- It improved our recruiting and retention.
- Managers became winning Coaches for their teams and gave feedback in real time.
As a Gallup Certified Strengths Coach, I support and guide individual and team performance as well as personal and professional growth. It is important to me that people are aligned with their talents and strengths to do the great work they were meant to do.
- As a Strengths Coach & Facilitator, I take the time to get to know each individual on the team – and we all dive in together.
- In my workshops and coaching, I provide a super safe place for people to be genuine, authentic, natural and brave.
- I love to see people at their very best so that they can recognize what “their very best” looks like and feels like – and they can figure out ways to show up being their very best over and over again.
My style is energetic and thoughtful. I believe that we learn through practice and we have a lot of fun while we’re learning.
- My many years of HR experience, primarily in the wellness and IT space, shows up in everything I do.
- I ask questions to uncover assumptions and support individual and team learning – and I don’t assume that I always know the answers. The methodology is sound and proven while the challenges and expectations for each person and each company are different and unique.
- We work together to weave the Strengths language and learning into your already existing terminology, industry, business sector, and business phase of growth. It will feel like you put on a beautifully tailored suit (does anyone even wear a suit anymore?)!
- In group workshops, I set up different scenarios and exercises so that there is a nice mix of deep thinking, connecting and sharing with others in small groups, total group debriefs and hands-on experiences.
- What I believe to be true: When we pause to give each other the benefit of the doubt, we open up the opportunity to connect, understand and find the true value in ourselves and others.
My Top 5 Strengths
What Clients are Saying:
“Cindy has opened my eyes to a brand new way of managing people. She has worked with me on my individual strengths, but also focusing on building my team around theirs.”
Caitlin, Director of Client Solutions, Virgin Pulse
“Cindy was instrumental in creating a strength-based culture within the organization. She is a talented and gifted coach with a special ability to connect with each employee, driving individual and business results.”
Mark, CEO, Preventure